When do I need a floodplain development permit?
Any man-made change to your property within a floodplain will require a floodplain development permit from the planning department. Any size structure, dirt work, channel changes, channel improvements, some septic systems all require a local floodplain permit and may require a state permit and/or a permit from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. Contact John Roth at the Kansas Department of Agriculture – Division of Water Resources (DWR) at 620-234-5311 or john.roth@kad.ks.gov for more information on non-structural floodplain permits and procedures. The state floodplain development permit will be required to be issued before the local permit is issued. Written notice from DWR will be required if it is determined no state permit is required for a project.

Show All Answers

1. How can I watch the Planning Commission meetings online?
2. What is the zoning on my property?
3. What is the process to obtain a zoning permit?
4. If my property is currently un-zoned, do I still need to contact the planning department if I want to build a structure?
5. Does Reno County enforce building codes?
6. What size structure does not require a zoning permit?
7. Who do I contact if I have questions regarding a septic system or well?
8. Who do I contact to obtain an address to my property?
9. Who do I contact for a new entrance to my property?
10. How do I apply for a job with Reno County?
11. How do I find out if a survey of my property has been completed?
12. Will the county surveyor, survey my property or stake the right-of-way along my property line?
13. Who should I contact to survey my property?
14. If I am interested in serving on the planning commission who should I contact?
15. Is my property in a floodplain?
16. When do I need a floodplain development permit?