How do I apply for a new waste water system?

The proper type and placement of a wastewater system is important for groundwater protection.  There is an application that must be completed by the homeowner or contractor.  If you are in a floodplain please check with the Reno County Flood Plain Manager, located in the public works section, at 620-694-2978.

Inquires or concerns maybe called into Environmental Health Staff at 620-694-2900.

A properly installed waste water system is critical to the protection of the groundwater and private wells. The following are handouts that explain the permit process for installing a waste water system:

Needing a new waste water system? Complete and submit a private waste water application. Your completed application may be submitted by:

Other forms and handouts needed for the wastewater permit process:

Show All Answers

1. How do I apply for a new waste water system?
2. How can I obtain a copy of the Sanitation Code?
3. What is enhanced treatment?
4. What do I need to know about a lagoon?
5. How do I become a licensed waste water contractor?
6. How do I become a licensed pumper / hauler for waste water?