Wildfire Recovery Resources

Immediate assistance 

Red Cross: 316-219-4000  https://www.redcross.org/local/kansas.html

United Way of Reno County: 
call 2-1-1 https://www.unitedwayofrenocounty.org/

VOAD: If you weren't able to attend the Multi-Agency Resource Center at the fairgrounds, sign up at www.rallyreno.org and a case manager will be assigned to you within 48 hours to assist with your needs.

SBA Disaster Loan Assistance

The Small Business Administration has approved an Administrative Declaration for residents and business owners in Reno County affected by the Cottonwood Complex Wildland Fire March 5-16. In addition to Reno County, residents and businesses in the contiguous counties of Harvey, Kingman, McPherson, Pratt, Rice, Sedgwick and Stafford are also eligible to apply for low-interest SBA loans.

The deadline to apply for loan assistance in June 21, 2022. 

SBA Fact Sheet 
SBA Fact Sheet (Spanish)
SBA- Three Ways to Apply Flyer
SBA Disaster Loan Flyer
SBA Disaster Loan Flyer (Spanish)
Kansas Resource Partners
Kansas Resource Partners (Spanish)

How to Apply:

♦ Apply online using SBA’s secure website at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela.

♦ Apply in person at any Disaster Loan Outreach Center  and receive personal, one-on-one help from an SBA representative. For additional information or to find a location near you visit our website at https://www.sba.gov or call SBA at (800) 659-2955. Individuals who are deaf or hard-of-hearing may call (800) 877-8339.

♦ Apply by mail: Send completed paper application to U.S. Small Business Administration, Processing and Disbursement Center, 14925 Kingsport Road, Fort Worth, TX 76155.

Disaster Loan Outreach Center 
Reno County Courthouse
206 West First Ave.
Hutchinson, KS 67501

Property Tax Relief:

According to Statute KSA 79-1613, the County Commission may issue an abatement of all or partial property taxes on dwellings where damage occurred during a natural disaster and would exceed more than 50% of the market value of the dwelling. The Appraiser’s office will determine if the damage to the property meets the requirements set by statute KSA 79-1613 and will then send the application to the Reno County Commission for approval. Please fill out the online application here: https://www.renogov.org/forms.aspx?FID=70 or contact the Reno County Appraiser's Office at 620-694-2772.

Environmental Health

Septic and Lagoons After a Fire (PDF)

Water Well Disinfection after Fire (PDF)

Wells after a Wildfire (PDF)

Who to Contact for Replacement Documents?

3.8.22 - Governor Laura Kelly Directs State Agencies to Waive Fees for Kansans Affected by Wildfires in Reno and Harvey Counties: https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/KSOG/bulletins/30def3a

Birth and Death Certificates
Birth and Death Certificates Kansas Office of Vital Statistics – 785-296-1400

Duplicate Vehicle Title

Driver’s License
If you have lost your Driver’s License, you will need to go to the Reno County Department of Motor Vehicles at 125 West 2nd Ave in Hutchinson and provide two proofs of identity and a proof of current residential address. For a list of acceptable documents to provide and more information, contact the Reno County Department of Motor Vehicles at 620-665-5561. You can obtain copies of utility bills as proof of address from the companies who provided your service. NOTE: Governor Laura Kelly directed State Agencies to waive fees for Kansans affected by Wildfires in Reno and Harvey Counties. 

Green Card
Go to www.uscis.gov and complete the Form I-90, application to replace a permanent resident card, and file it online or by mail. Call 800-375-5283 to check the status of your application.

EBT Card
Lost EBT card replacements – call 800-997-8888 immediately.

Bank Checks, ATM/Debit Cards, or Safe Deposit Boxes
Contact your financial institution or get contact information from the FDIC by calling 877-275-3342 or going to www.fdic.gov.

Credit Cards
Contact the issuing institution:
American Express 800-528-4800 or https://www.americanexpress.com/us/customer-service/faq.account-management.replace-card-lost-stolen-damaged.html

Discover: 800-347-2683 or www.discover.com/credit-cards/help-center/

Master Card: Call 800-347-2683 or go online https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/personal/get-support.html

Visa: Call 800-847-2911or online www.usa.visa.com

NOTE: If you don't remember all the credit cards you had, obtain a credit report from any of the three major credit bureaus.

Credit Report
Equifax, Experian or TransUnion 877-322-8228 or www.annualcreditreport.com

Social Security Card
Social Security 800-772-1213 or www.ssa.gov

If you need to replace your Social Security card or temporarily or permanently change your address, visit your online My Social Security account, or call: 1-800-772-1213 (TTY: 1-800-325-0778)

Fraud Alerts or a Credit Freeze
Fraud Alerts: Call the identity theft helpline at 877-382-4357 contact the FTC at: www.ftc.gov

Medicare Cards
Social Security Administration 800-772-1213 or www.socialsecurity.gov/medicarecard/


If you need to replace your Medicare card because it is damaged or lost, log into or create your secure Medicare account to print an official copy of your Medicare card at Medicare.gov or call Medicare directly at 1-800-663-4227.

If you have lost the card for your Supplemental Insurance for Medicare Pt A and Pt B, contact the company directly. If you know the name of the company but not their contact information, contact the Reno County Department of Aging at 620-694-2911.

If you have lost your Prescription Drug Insurance card, contact your pharmacy to get the information on file or contact Medicare directly at 1-800-663-4227.

U.S. Department of State, Passport Services, Consular Lost/Stolen Passport 877-487-2778 or https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports.html

U.S. Savings Bonds
U.S. Department of Treasury 844-284-2676 or www.treasurydirect.gov

Tax Returns
Internal Revenue Service 800-829-1040 or download the Request for Copy of Tax Return at www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf

Military Records
If a veteran filed them in Reno County, we can provide a copy to the veteran or immediate family members with proof of ID. Email deedsoffice@renogov.org or call 620-694-2942 

National Archives and Records Administration 866-272-6272 or www.archives.gov/contact/

Mortgages, Deeds, Leases
Reno County Registrar of Deeds 620-694-2942, deedsoffice@renogov.org
Documents provided free for those who lost property in the Cottonwood Complex Fire.

Disaster recovery assistance is available without regard to race, color, religion, nationality, sex, age, disability, English proficiency or economic status. If you or someone you know has been discriminated against, call FEMA toll-free at 800-621-FEMA (3362). For TTY call 800-462-7585.
816-283-7061 FEMARegion7info@fema.dhs.gov