The Reno County Health Department's case investigation team informs individuals when they test positive for COVID-19 . Those individuals then notify close contacts and settings (work/school/activities) so that they can take necessary precautions in order to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Generally speaking, you are a close contact if any of the following situations happened while you spent time with a person with COVID-19, even if they don't have symptoms:
- You were within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for a total of 10 minutes or more
- You provided care at home to someone who is sick with COVID-19
- You had direct physical contact with the person (ex: hugged or kissed them)
- You shared food or drink with the person
- They sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets on you