Wastewater for Contractors

How Do I Become a Licensed Waste Water Contractor?

The Reno County Sanitation Code requires licensure of anyone who installs, repairs, or alters a waste water system, including a home owner. The company or individual must complete an application, pay the fee, and take an exam to complete the license process. A contractor that would like to install waste water systems throughout the county must also have three hours of continuing education credits yearly. Study materials made available upon request to the environmental staff.

Inquires or concerns maybe called into Environmental Health staff at 620-259-2105.

Your completed application may be submitted by:

  • Fax to the Environmental Section:620-694-2924
  • Hand delivery or mail to the Environmental Staff
  • Scanned and emailed to Environmental Health Section
  • Please also review our current payment policy located here.

How Do I Become a Licensed Pumper/Hauler for Waste Water?

The code requires that anyone who removes hauls, transports, or disposes of any domestic septic waste must have a license. Yearly licensing and vehicle inspection is required. The application and fees required are below:

Submit Forms or Request an Appointment

Please also review our current payment policy located here.

*The owner-applicant, with or without professional assistance, is solely responsible in determining what systems to use in meeting Reno County Code requirements. County staff may answer questions regarding code compliance and give examples or suggestions only.