Public Works Department

  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5

Reno County Public Works is Responsible for the Following:

  • Road and Bridge Division - Maintain the county asphalt roads and ditches, maintain and install county crossroad pipes; maintain and construct county and township bridges; maintain and install county road and bridge signs; issue required permits for public utility work and construction in the county right-of-way; i.e., entrance permits, buried utilities permits, haying permits and oversize/overweight permits
  • Planning and Zoning Division - Administer the county planning, zoning and subdivision regulations, addressing and manage the floodplain regulations
  • Utility Division - Operate and maintain 5 sewer districts and 2 water districts
  • Noxious Weed Division - Control noxious weeds within the county road right-of-ways and sell chemicals at a discount rate to agricultural producers
  • Public Works is also the official office for filing of survey records.
  • Public Works maintains all of its' own facilities.
  • Environmental- Covers private well permitting, private wastewater system permitting and environmental complaints. 
    • Environmental has moved to the Public Works Department at 600 Scott Boulevard, South Hutchinson, KS, and is no longer located at the Health Department at 209 W. 2nd Ave., Hutchinson, KS. Please contact Environmental at 620-259-2105. Thank you for your understanding in the transition. 

Planning Commission Meetings can be viewed on our YouTube channel.

Learn more about the Public Works Department below.