Randy Partington has served as the Reno County Administrator since February 2020. Partington previously held positions as the Finney County Administrator and Fredonia City Administrator.
Partington earned a Master of Public Administration (MPA) from Wichita State University, and a BS in Political Science from Kansas State University.
The position of Reno County Administrator was first created by resolution in 1998. The County Administrator is the Chief Administrative Officer for Reno County and responsible to the Board of County Commissioners for administration of all services and programs assigned by the Board.
Reno County Administrator Duties:
- Serve as chief financial officer, recommending and overseeing annual operating and capital budgets.
- In consultation with BOCC, prepare meeting agendas and supporting information, attend all meetings, and provide recommendations or proposed policies on matters considered by the Board.
- Recommend appointment of individuals to positions for which BOCC is the appointing authority.
- Coordinate and supervise all departments under direct authority of the BOCC, and with input from the BOCC, evaluate the performance of those department directors.
- Approve the appointment, compensation, discipline, and change in status of employees in departments under the authority of BOCC and within departments of elected officials.
- Supervise, evaluate, discipline, and recommend compensation for staff in the County Administration department.
- Coordinate administration of all County departments, agencies, offices, and boards.
- Monitor general operations of all County entities to assure compliance with administrative policies and make regular reports to BOCC.
- Execute contracts and other actions approved by BOCC.
- Recommend appointments to citizen boards and commissions.
Commission Meeting Agendas, Minutes, & Meetings
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval. For Hutchinson subscribers of Cox Cable TV, our meetings are broadcasted on Cable Channel 7 on Sundays at 5 p.m., Thursdays at 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. and on Fridays at 9 a.m. and 8 p.m.