- What is the permit process for drilling a new water well?
- Below is a handout that explains the permit process for drilling a new well. A properly placed well is vital to your health and your family’s health.
If you are drilling a new well please complete and submit the Private Water Supply Application. Your completed application may be submitted by:
- Fax to the Environmental Section: 620-665-8883
- Hand delivery or mail to the environmental staff
- Scanned and emailed to the Reno County Environmental Health Department
Other forms and handouts needed for the water well permit process:
- Trip Charges
- Wastewater or Well Construction Plan
- Well Work Verification
List of Current Licensed Water Well Contractors can be found HERE.
- Which regulations apply to water well drillers?
- The following regulations are followed by the water well driller:
- How do I keep my well water safe for drinking?
- We recommend yearly testing and disinfection of your water well. The following are educational handouts to disinfect your well and to educate yourself on the water quality and water testing:
- How do I plug my abandoned well?
- An abandoned well can serve as a route for contamination to the ground water. Properly plugging of abandoned wells is critical for ground water protection. The following information from KSU extension explains how to properly plug a well and the KDHE form that needs to be completed: