Our mission is to provide the leadership and support to save lives and protect property from all types of hazards through a comprehensive, risk-based, all hazards integrated emergency management program of mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery.
CivicReady Emergency Notification
The City of Hutchinson and Reno County are excited to announce that they have partnered to offer a new emergency notification system, CivicReady, to the citizens of Reno County. On March 1st CivicReady will be replacing the current CodeRed system and will offer more advanced warning capabilities that provide geographic-based hazard warnings through text message, email, and phone calls. Citizens may sign up for the alerts by visiting our new alerting website, http://ks-renocounty.civicready.com.
- Creation of a local emergency management partnership with other local, state, and federal government agencies, volunteer organizations, and the private sector.
- Establishment of local integrated management system with local partners which is comprehensive, risk-based, and all-hazards in approach.
- Make hazard mitigation the foundation of the local management system.
- Provide a rapid and effective response to any emergency or disaster.
- Strengthen local emergency management and revitalize the cadre of emergency responders in Reno County.
- Coordinate Development and Upkeep of Local Emergency Operations Plan
- Administrative Arm of the Local Emergency Planning Committee
- Review and Coordinate Emergency Plans of Private and Public Agencies
Click here to view the Reno County Emergency Operations Plan
Click here to view the 2014 South Central Regional Hazardous Mitigation Plan