2017 City/School Candidate List
There will be no Primary Election held in Reno County.
The General Election will be held November 7th, 2017.
The filing Deadline for the Upcoming 2017 City/School Election is June 1st at Noon.
All local candidates must file with the County Clerks Office. The filing fees have changed.
1st Class Cities: $20.00 + $50.00 report fee = $70.00
All other City/School filings are $20.00
To find out when the next upcoming elections are and who will be running in them please visit in the Kansas Secretary of State website. The website is a great tool to help you find more registration information and polling locations in your area.
Preview Ballot and Voter Registration Information and your voting location.
A summary of the participants of the most recent elections can be found online.
- Reno County Official 2016 General Election Results
- Official Election Results 08/02/2016 all precincts reporting
- Unofficial Election Results 04/07/2015 all precincts reporting
- Election Results (updated 11/4/2014, all districts reporting)
- USD 313 Special Election Results (01/27/2015)
- Election General Information
- Potential Candidate Information
- Election Assistance
The following is a list of elected officials for cities, districts, townships, and the state.
Political Party Officers
Visit the voter registration website to download a form that you can fill out, print, sign, and mail or drop by the election office at your convenience. You can also register online. You should register if you:
- Just moved into Reno County
- Just turned 18 years old or will be 18 before the next election
- Just became a United States citizen
- Have never voted before in Reno County
- Moved within Reno County
- Changed your name
- Want to change your party affiliation
Voter registration provided by the following offices during regular business hours:
- County Clerk's Office - 125 W. 1st, Hutchinson
- Driver’s License office - 125 W. 2nd, Suite A, Hutchinson
- Hutchinson Public Library - 901 N. Main, Hutchinson
- City offices of all 14 cities in Reno County
- Arlington - 111 E Main
- Buhler - 219 N. Main
- Haven - 120 S. Kansas
- Hutchinson - 125 East B
- Langdon - 18 S. Front Street
- Nickerson - 15 N. Nickerson
- Plevna - 301 S. Main
- Pretty Prairie - 119 W. Main
- South Hutchinson - 2 S. Main
A complete list of voting locations can be found online.
Voter Registration Facts
- Approximately 41,000 registered voters in the county
- An average of 4,000 registration cards processed annually
- Voter registration cards are filed in office as original documents
- Voter information is maintained on computer
- Voter registration lists generated from computer files
- Voter history maintained on computer